Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hello Everyone!

For anyone reading this who may not know...Approximately 3 and 1/2 years ago I met the love of my life and my best friend, Eric Rupert. I decided recently that it might be fun to start a blog so all of our friends and family who live both far and near (if you're interested) can keep in the loop on where we're at in the process of our engagement :) Eric and I got engaged on May 29th in Canon Beach, OR. In 197 days exactly, we will say "I Do" and we will begin our life as husband and wife. So far it has been pretty easy planning. The reason for that is because my wonderful mother has pretty much had my wedding planned since I was born :) We will be getting married at the Thornewood Castle in Lakewood, WA on July 24th, 2010. Our wedding colors are various shades of pink and green, which worked out nicely because my favorite color is pink and Eric's favorite color is green. We already have a photographer and caterer. The cake design is chosen and will be made by my amazingly talented mother. The linens are chosen along with all of the stemware, china, etc etc. The officiant will be one of my life heroes and mentors, Pastor Steve Olson. All of my bridesmaids are chosen, along with the dress, and we are currently in the process of finalizing Eric's groomsmen. The next step will be choosing a DJ for the event. If anyone has any recommendations please don't hesitate to suggest someone!

Yes...the wedding is coming along very smoothly!...We have only one dilemma that we are dealing with right now, and that is the honeymoon.....

We booked our reservations for a Sandals resort in Jamaica about a month ago. We found out 2 days ago that the particular resort we booked will be going out of business 5 days into our stay :/ So we have 2 options. We choose a different Sandals resort in Jamaica and hope that it stays in business, or we get our money back and go with a totally new plan. I'm hoping we can stick with Jamaica. I've really had my heart set on it. And Sandals resorts just seem so stress free and easy! So hopefully in the next week or so we will have our honeymoon plans set in stone again, and will be buying plane tickets!

That's pretty much it for now! I will keep everyone updated :) Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment