Sunday, August 8, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

I never really understood the meaning of this phrase until July 24th, 2010... my wedding day. I'm sure every bride says this, but I'm pretty positive that my wedding was the most beautiful wedding in the whole entire world! (I'm not normally so selfish, but hey, it was my day!...and Eric's) I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect, beautiful, amazing, wonderful day! Ready? Picture time!







We don't have all of our professional pictures back yet, but so far they are turning out perfectly! I can't wait to see the rest!

Like I said, the day turned out perfectly! It didn't all come together quite perfectly, and now I know why they always say that something WILL go wrong...if events had gone even a slightly different way, I may not have had flowers OR a cake!...but thanks to my wonderful amazing mother, she pulled it all off! I swear, if I end up having a tiny fraction of the talent that she possesses, I will be a very very lucky girl. You want to see her work?







That's my beautiful mother. She made the cake, the sugar flowers on the cake, the centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres! Yes...she is VERY talented! It was probably the most stressful experience of her life, but knowing that I have a mom who is willing to go through that just so I can have a beautiful day, and a dad who is willing to deal with my mom in that state just so I can have a beautiful day, makes me a very very very lucky girl.

So here's how the day played out. I woke up at 6:30...went to Gene Juarez to get my hair and make-up done, which was SUCH a fun experience. Went back to the house, got ready, then rushed to the castle! (It wasn't really a castle...more like a really big mansion) Then it was picture time, then ceremony, then reception, then done! It literally all went by that fast! It was all gone in the blink of an eye! I knew it would be. This has been a LONG time coming. And at the end of the day, Eric and I were Mr. and Mrs. Rupert, and I ended up being the happiest girl in all the world! He has always been an amazing boyfriend and fiance, and now he has become on amazing husband! I am so excited about sharing our lives together forever! I love him with all my heart.

Here's a pic of us on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!



I can hear it now..."ooo kissing!"...whatever. We are married. We do what we want :)

Anyways, I will have to post about the honeymoon at another time, but all I can say now is that it was AH-MAH-ZING! I can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

So now that my wife switch has been flipped, I'm in a totally different mode. NESTING mode! We've been in our house for over a year now, but I've never wanted to decorate and cook and clean so badly until now! Not sure why, but oh well! Eric's loving it! I have a few projects that I've started working on that I will have to post about later, so for now, thanks for reading! I'm going to go day dream and re-live my wedding day :)

Faith.Hope.Love

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You are a BEAUTIFUL Bride!


    THANKS for the comment you left on my tutorial at Someday Crafts! Don't forget to stop by my blog & enter to win the supplies to make your own!

    Staci:)

    ReplyDelete