Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Now that the honeymoon is over...

I am settling into the "nesting" stage of my life. I've been using every spare minute (except for the 2 hrs I used to watch Bachelor Pad) in the last week and a half to try and get our house up to livable conditions. After not living in my home for 3 weeks, it ended up getting pretty bad. We aren't the cleanliest of couples. Most of the time I'm just too lazy to actually clean, and Eric's idea of cleaning doesn't involve a vacuum, window cleaner, or all purpose anti-bacterial cleaner. We make a great team :) But I'm definitely ready to make a change in our home! I started with the downstairs bathroom, which I will post pictures of later, and got that all cleaned and decorated, and I LOVE it now! And my next project will be this....


I am SO in love with this bed from Pottery Barn! It would fit in perfectly with our master bedroom, and we could definitely use the extra storage! But this bed costs $1200 :( Money that I definitely don't have to spend right now, and even if I did have it, I still wouldn't want to pay that much for a bunch of wood nailed together and painted. So what am I going to do? I'm going to buy some wood, nail it together and paint it! Sounds crazy I know, but recently I have discovered the empowerment of using my own two hands to make something beautiful and functional, so I'm going to give my first real shot at carpentry work. The plans to make this beautiful bed can be found on my favorite blog that I've ever stumbled upon...

Knock-Off Wood


Ana White is one of my heroes, and I feel so inspired by her! Why spend thousands and thousands of dollars on furniture if you can just make it yourself? She draws up all the plans herself, and makes them available on her blog for anyone to use! She has plans for pretty much everything you could possibly think of. You can find the plans that I'll be using for this bed here. 


Seems easy enough, right? Well, we shall see! I will definitely be posting about how all this turns out! It could be a great success, or it could be a total failure, but I prefer to look on the bright side! Wish me luck!

ONE MORE THING! I have a question for my 7 followers ha. What are your opinions on painting all the baseboards and trim in my house white?  Right now they are all wood, and it makes everything seem so dark. Anyways, thanks!


Faith.Hope.Love

1 comment:

  1. All the trim/baseboards/crown molding and doors in my house are white, and I LOVE it.

    Good Luck with the bed construction! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete